Maintaining an espresso machine not only provides flavorful espresso but also extends the life of your machine. One of the most commonly adopted ways of cleaning the screen and group head is to backflush the machine with a small amount of detergent. All you need is a blind filter or backflush insert for the portafilter. Made of stainless steel, the Blind Basket fits all 58 millimeter portafilters for backflushing.
Construction: Stainless steel
Place into portafilter to backflush machine
Internal Filter Diameter: 58mm
Urnex Cafiza Cleaner is recommended for backflush cleaning.
Cleaning instructions :
1. Twice a day, pour a 1/2 tsp of JoeGlo Espresso Machine Cleaning detergent onto a "blind" disc insert (backflush disc) in your portafilter.
2. With the portafilter attached, backflush your machine by running the group five times in 15 second start/stop intervals.
3. Remove portafilter, discard the leftover bits and run the group to rinse away the crud.
4. Use a quality group head brush to get rid of any residual oils or loose grinds.
5. Reattach portafilter and backflush five more times in 5 second start/stop intervals, this time without detergent.
6. Once again, remove portafilter and run the group to rinse clean.
7. Replace the 'blind' insert with a normal filter insert then pull and discard a couple of shots to "re-season" your machine.
CART TOTALS :
There are items
in your cart
CART TOTALS :